1. Simple twist on tuna. Mix two ounces of tuna with 1/4 avocado and ½ cup chopped tomatoes, season with a little black pepper and serve on celery sticks. For an extra energy boost serve with whole grain crackers like the Triscuit Original.
2. Nutty ants on a log. Bring back a blast from the past with these protein-packed ants on a log. Simply mix one half cup cottage cheese with one tablespoon raisins and serve with celery or apple slices.
3. Piece together goodness. Pair a hard boiled egg with an apple. Oh so simple, but oh so portable! One whole egg will pack in about 6 grams of protein. Still looking for extra protein? Enjoy an additional egg white or two. Or, instead of making a devilled egg stuff center with guacamole.
4. Edamame. One serving (½ cup) of this plant-based protein will provide approximately 100 calories with 10 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber. Easy, portable and nutritious!
5. Roasted chickpeas Click here for recipe. Another easy and portable plant-based protein-rich snack that not only tastes delicious but also packs a ton of nutrition! A half cup serving will provide approximately 130 calories,7 grams of protein, a whopping 6 grams of fiber and has a low glycemic index which means they don’t raise your blood sugar as much and keep your energy level even. Chickpeas can help lower your cholesterol if you include them and other beans in your diet weekly (goal = 3 cups/week).
6. Roll it up! Bibb lettuce leaves topped with avocado, turkey slices, tomatoes, and pickles. There are so many ways you can mix this one up to make sure you never get bored. Tired of avocado? Use hummus or even a little goat cheese instead. The possibilities are endless!
7. Party snack on-the-go. A party favorite is hummus and raw veggies and now thanks to the portable hummus packs you can enjoy this nutritious snack on-the-go. Simply dip in your favorite veggies and enjoy! A personal favorite is sugar snap peas, red bell peppers, and baby carrots. Looking for an added protein boost? Enjoy this snack with a hard boiled .
8. Salty and sweet power snack. This simple and portable snack is the perfect way to curb your chocolate craving. One cup nonfat Greek yogurt + 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds + 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips. Mix and enjoy!