Recipe by Ancient Harvest
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash red pepper flakes
- 14 ounce can tomatoes (like fire roasted)
- 16 oz vegetable broth
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup Ancient Harvest™ quinoa, uncooked
- 1 small sweet potato, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups kale, torn from stalks
- **optional: avocado, sour cream, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook 1 tbsp of olive oil and the chopped onion until the onion turns transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the 3 chopped garlic cloves and stir, careful not to let them burn. After a few minutes, add
the spices and can of tomatoes.
- After a few more minutes add the vegetable broth, white beans, and quinoa. Keep stirring until the quinoa starts “popping” out of the shell (approximately 25-30 minutes).
- Finally, add the precooked sweet potato and kale pieces, however big you want them to be.
- Once kale is wilted to your liking, ladle into bowls and top with avocado and anything else!
Servings : 4-6