I have found a hidden jewel! I just have to share my find with you. You have to check out this restaurant if you live within driving distance of me. I know I will be returning to the Moxie Café!
Owned and operated by employees of the locally based manufacturer Hardy Diagnostics, Moxie Café is the place to go if you are looking for minimally processed foods made fresh daily and locally sourced whenever possible including their craft beer selection and wines.
Summer is coming so cool off with locally handcrafted gelato and sorbetto by Leo Leo Gelato from Paso Robles made with local nut purees and no artificial stabilizers, preservatives, flavors or colors.
The Moxie Cafe:
- is sensitive to those with food sensitivities and allergies. No MSG either.
- doesn’t plump up their poultry products with salt solutions which, by the way, reduces the sodium content by up to 5x.
- doesn’t add phosphates.
- uses only wild caught salmon and hormone free, antibiotic free, certified Angus tri-tip.
- doesn’t use corn or high fructose syrups.
- doesn’t own a deep fryer.
- makes its own condiments: salad dressings, mustard, ketchup, hummus, artichoke dip, guacamole, dry rubs, croutons and granola. The teas are fresh brewed too.
- uses only coconut oil, olive oil and butter.
Not happy to serve the same ole foods day in and out, new additions – lentil pasta, a black bean burger and more – are coming to their menu in the near future. You won’t find fries on the menu because they don’t own a fryer and their tomato basil soup is made without dairy. Their chili is made daily using certified Angus tri-tip.
Stop by Wednesday, Thursday or Friday nights and you will be entertained by live music…and no cover charge.
Thanks Caleb for making my visit extra special by showing me around and telling me the Café’s story and philosophy. My 3 egg omelet with toppings of my choice from the toppings bar plus avocado was delicious and kept me going for hours.
Check them out! The Moxie Café is open daily and is located at 1317 West McCoy Lane, Santa Maria CA, 805.361.2900.